I may receive a commission for purchases made through product links on this page, but I always stand by the research and recommendations that I provide here.
Do you have a well in your home? I bet you find it more convenient compared to municipal water. Besides, it’s more affordable, and you get a constant supply of water all year round. However, that’s not all you require to make your home comfortable. You need to make sure that the well water is clean and safe for consumption. You can achieve that by installing a water purification system in your home.
But not every filtration system will purify well water effectively. Therefore you need an ideal one such as an ultraviolet water filter system. If the best UV filter for well water is what you’re looking for, then you’re in luck. Here, we’ll review several, and also include a buyer’s guide to ease your purchase decision.
- Benefits of using a UV water filter
- Things to consider before getting a UV filter for well water
- Best UV Filter for Well Water Review
- Viqua D4 UV Water Purification System
- HQUA-OWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier
- Express Water Ultraviolet Water Filtration System
- Bluonics 110W UV Ultraviolet Well Water Filter
Benefits of using a UV water filter
When you get yourself the best UV filter for well water, you should expect a couple of advantages over traditional water filtration techniques. Let us have a look at some of them.
- Environmental friendly – A notable advantage of UV filters is that they don’t rely on chemicals to purify water, making them quite environmentally friendly.
- They are safe – UV filters also won’t harm your health because their purification process does not rely on chemicals, and they don’t release any harmful by-products.
- Compatibility – You’ll be glad to know that UV water purification systems are compatible with other filter systems. Therefore, you can combine them to improve the quality of your water.
- Easy to maintain – Also, these filters don’t present you with tedious maintenance tasks. Mostly, you’re only required to replace UV bulbs.
- Eliminate all types of microorganisms – Intriguingly, UV filters are effective sterilizing systems, and they get rid of any potentially harmful microorganisms. Besides, bacteria cannot develop resistance to ultraviolet light.
Things to consider before getting a UV filter for well water
When you venture into the market to get yourself a UV water filter, you need to consider several factors. By doing so, you ensure to get yourself the best product available. Let’s have a look at the crucial factors.
Determine flow rates
You need to consider the flow rate because all UV filters include a GPM rating, which determines the amount of water that can flow through your system. It’s wise to get a filter whose flow rate matches up to your system. The larger, the better.
Determine how much water you use
What do you use your well water for? How many people in your household use the well water? These are crucial questions to ask to ensure you select the right UV filter. You need to get the right size of the UV system based on your water consumption needs for effective treatment.
Installation and space requirements
Before making your UV filter purchase, you need to consider your space requirements. Some systems are more compact than others, while others require to be installed in a particular fashion. Make sure to get a system that will fit in the space you have.
Best UV Filter for Well Water Review
Looking for a UV filtration system to treat your well water? Well, you may consider getting yourself the Viqua D4. However, you may need to spend more to acquire this system, but it will serve your water treatment needs. This filter comes with a low-pressure, high-output pump to ensure the water comes out of the well. It also has a safety cap and lamp plug, which prevents unsafe access to its UV lamp. The D4 produces adequate UV light to combat any waterborne pathogens.
Interestingly, it features simple construction, which makes installation quite easy. There’s no need to look for a plumber to begin enjoying its benefits. It is also made of a stainless steel chamber, which is not only safe but also reliable. It also doesn’t alter the taste of your water.
Looking to eliminate potentially harmful pathogens from your well water? Well, this water purification system might come in handy. It’s designed to have superior UV sterilization so that it can eliminate any harmful microorganisms. It also eliminates 99.99 percent of chlorine, fluoride, lead, and more.
Besides, it features an easy design, which makes it easy for you to install without necessarily calling a plumber. This filter also automatically fills your water tank, and it comes with a 1-year warranty.
Well water needs to get consumed when it’s clean and safe. You might opt to get yourself this well water filter by Bluonics for that purpose. The filter has an impressive 24 GPM flow rate, which means that it can also be used in large homes or commercial premises.
It is fitted with UV bulbs, standard size filters, ballasts, and inlet/outlets wit complete well water filtration system that has quart sleeves. The filter follows a three-stage filtration system to ensure that it eliminates all contaminants, ranging from large debris to microorganisms.
Ultraviolet water filters are some of the best when it comes to sanitizing your water, especially well water since it contains microorganisms. UV filters perform better than using chemicals, plus they are easy to maintain and safe. If you’re looking for the best UV filter for well water, you may consider getting one of the products above.