The market offers an array of products in the shower filter category. Shower filters are designed with unique features with different capabilities. Big names in the industry strive to produce the best filters and ensure that users have the best shower experience.
This piece focuses on the same top-performing brands in the market. We will compare models of Pelican vs Aquasana vs AquaBliss shower filter. It will help if you read through the article to distinguish between the models as we will take you through the specs, pros, and cons of different models from the market players.
- Pelican vs Aquasana vs AquaBliss Shower Filters
- AquaBliss High Output Shower Filter: Best Overall
- Pelican Water PSF-1 3-Stage Premium Shower Filter
- Aquasana Shower Water Filter System
- Benefits of Using a Shower Filter.
- How to Choose the Best Handheld Shower Filter
- Frequently Asked Questions
Pelican vs Aquasana vs AquaBliss Shower Filters
AquaBliss High Output Shower Filter: Best Overall
AquaBliss High Output
- Rejuvenates skin, Hair & Nail
- Eliminates harmful chemicals from your water
- Easy to install and Swap filters
- Heavy duty shower filter
- Ceramic beads to restore healthy skin
AquaBliss High Output Revetalzing Shower Filter is uniquely designed to eliminate harmful water chemicals. This means that the filters have some health benefits to your hair, skin, and nails as it rejuvenates and revitalize them.
This shower filter combines amazing technology and a beautiful design to ensure a thrilling shower experience. Aquabliss has manufactured some of the popular models in both the whole-house and shower water filtering niche. In this section, we will look at one of the best shower filters from the firm. Shall we?
The shower filter is ideal for water that has been cared for by chlorine. This dramatically decreases the dangers associated with showering in water with high chlorine amounts. Unlike many showerhead water filters, the Filter doesn’t use the readily available activated carbon in water purification prices. Instead, it utilizes a revolutionary system that delivers 12 stages of extensive filtration.
AquaBliss’ High Output Revitalizing Shower Filter balances the four components that are needed to eliminate toxins. It focuses on removing controlling pesticides, bacteria, chlorine, and heavy metals like lead and mercury. In turn, scale buildup, foul odor, and common hard water impurities are eliminated throughout the process. If you are looking for a filter with low maintenance costs, this is the best choice.
It is compatible with most shower systems. You can use it on any showers, ensuring clean and fresh water regardless of whether you are using a fixed, handheld, or rain shower. The manufacturer fits the system with a 12-stage water filter system with an extra cartridge. It will take around six months for the cartridges to be replaced, a failure to which the system will not be sufficient.
Installation of this system is straightforward and only requires basic plumbing skills. The package includes a DIY installation manual. In the manual, you can access crucial information, such as maintenance practices.
- Measurements: 3.3 x 3.3 x 4.7 inches.
- Colour: Chrome.
- Filter Media incorporates Redox Media, Active Carbon filter, Calcium Sulfite, Far Infrared, Zeolite, Vitamin C, Magnetic Energy beads, and Tourmaline.
- Extra cartridge: come with one extra cartridge.
- Outlet and inlet size: both measure half an inch.
- Product's weight: approximately 0.95 lbs.
AquaBliss shower filter is a powerful showerhead water filter offering a competitive water filtering solution. Its 12-stage filter can trap larger sediment, remove chlorine in both cold and hot water, and soften water while controlling scale buildup. Furthermore, the system boosts oxygen levels in the water. It has beneficial minerals as it infuses the water with vitamin C while reducing other organic substances and other dissolved water adulterants.
As earlier stated, the revitalizing shower held lasts for six months filtering between 10,000 and 12,000 gallons of water. The system will maintain water pressure giving you an epic shower experience until its replacement time.
- It is each to install.
- This filter incorporates advanced mineralization and other outstanding technology to ensure there is a constant supply of water.
- The filter has excellent health benefits as it rejuvenates hair, nails, and skin.
- It is infused with beneficial minerals.
- This product is affordable.
- It effectively terminates traces of chlorine.
- The system doesn’t effectively eliminate chloramine.
- Its design is not visually stunning.
Pelican Water PSF-1 3-Stage Premium Shower Filter
Pelican Water PSF
- Filters chlorine & chloramine
- Eliminates unpleasant odors from water
- Great water pressure
- Ocean breeze scent bar
Pelican PSF-1 is a 3-stage premium shower filter. There are two models; you can either buy a filter that comes with the filter fixed on the showerhead or you can buy a shower system with a separate filter housing. The filter is designed to eliminate chlorine, chloramines, and other pollutants.
The showerhead features a DPA-free design and can eliminate up to 96% of dissolved chlorine. PSF-1 offers outstanding service supporting worthwhile water usage. It incorporates a dual-flow showerhead that comes with great shower settings allowing you to set from high-flow to low-flow, ensuring that you have an awesome shower experience while conserving water.
Pelican is a Florida-based water systems company founded in 2007. The manufacturer majors in the production of salt-free water softeners and whole-house filters. Pelican Water Systems outshines its competitors by offering outstanding water purification solutions and offers its models a unique and attractive stainless steel housing.
When it comes to installation, the systems save you the hustle of seeking the services of a professional as it is easy to fix. You only need basic plumbing skills to install the system hence saving money and time. The unit combines three filter media to ensure there is proper filtration and see to it that you can shower with clean water. It includes Granular Activated Carbon media, Copper & Zinc Oxidation Media (KDF), and Far-Infrared Balls.
The filtration process involves three stages. Contaminated water first passes through the GAC carbon media before proceeding to other media. Here, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, industrial solvents, chlorine, chloramines, and other unwanted elements are eliminated. Chloramines are formed when chlorine bonds with ammonia, nitrogen antiseptics, and disinfectants.
Pelican PSF-1 3-Stage Premium Shower Filter has several health benefits. It moisturizes, nourishes, and rejuvenates your hair and skin. Other than making your skin healthy, the filter also prevents certain cancers. This is possible thanks to the elimination of chlorine, chloramines, and other reactive elements.
PSF-1 can filter up to 15,000 gallons which translates to 750 ten-minute showers. It is important to replace the cartridges after six months, a regular check is necessary if you are using a hard water source, for better performance.
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 3.8 x 6.2 inches.
- Type: Full-body spray, Invigorating pulse
- Material: Plastic.
- Weight: 4 pounds.
- Operating Pressure: 80 PSI
- Filter Life Span: 6 months or 15,000.
- Filter Media: Copper & Zinc Oxidation Media (KDF), Far Infrared Balls, Granular Activated Carbon media.
- Chlorine Removal: eliminates up to 96%.
- Colour: White and Chrome finish.
- Flow Rate: 1.5 gallons per minute.
- Warranty: 12 months Warranty and 90-Day Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Certifications: NSF, ANSI 177.
- Filtration: 3-Stage
The firm uses customer feedback to improve its clients' experience and publicly updates the consumers by posting authentic lab test results. This is critical to the manufacturer as it helps it gain trust among its millions of buyers worldwide. Pelican has produced unique filters and water softeners, but today we will focus on the Pelican PSF-1 is a 3-stage premium shower filter.
- It effectively eliminates chlorine, chloramine, and other water pollutants.
- It incorporates amazing regular shower settings hence giving you a breathtaking shower experience.
- It comes with a 90-day return policy meaning that the product is trustworthy.
- Pelican avails in-depth specs and educational information on their website.
- The filter is popular as many online shoppers report excellent quality.
- The installation process is straightforward saving on time and installation expenses.
- It comes with scent settings that improve your showering experience.
- Using the shower filter has health benefits: it rejuvenates and moisturizes your hair and skin while it lowers fading of color-treated hair.
- It maintains shower pressure ensuring that you have a flawless shower.
- The filter peels off unpleasant odors from your shower water
- Complaints about loose connections and leakages.
- Some customers complain that the showerhead has low pressure.
- Its design is somewhat bulky.
Aquasana Shower Water Filter System
Aquasana Shower filter
- Rejuvenates skin, Hair & Nail
- Eliminates harmful chemicals from your water
- Easy to install and Swap filters
- Heavy duty shower filter
- Ceramic beads to restore healthy skin
Aquasana FQ 4105 CHR is a two-stage water filtering system. It features a redox filter media which combines coconut shell carbon with copper-zinc filters. The deluxe shower system can last for about six months filtering 10, 000 gallons. It allows you easily replace the worn-out media as it comes off with a single twist.
It incorporates durable construction. FQ4105 is designed from strong iron with a chrome finish. The stainless chrome plate protects the showerhead from corrosive water entities making your shower last for years. It is easy to fix the system as it comes with easy-to-follow instructions and is compatible with most plumbing fixtures.
The FQ 4105 CHR shower filter comes with a five feet shower wand that is handy in bathing children and pets. The wand looks beautiful thanks to the chrome finish giving your shower a luxurious look. It includes a massage setting making it worth the money. The filter minimizes the shower experience allowing you to enjoy a good head massage as to hit the shower.
Aquasuna FQ 4105 CHR shower system feature five shower settings for various to boost your shower experience. The settings incorporate several massage settings to allow you to experience a breathtaking shower as clean and healthy water runs through your skin.
Aquasana is a known Texas-based company tracing its roots to 1997. The brands produce varying water filtration solutions and strictly follow international standards. They focus on eliminating chlorine and other water pollutants while retaining beneficial minerals throughout their manufacturing process. This is important, especially when it comes to water for domestic use. The brand has an A+ BBB rating and is trustworthy to millions of its Americans.
- Weight: 2.8 pounds.
- Finish: Chome.
- Martial: Iron.
- Filter Life Span: 5,000 gallons or 3 months
- Measurements: 6.25 x 6.25 x 8.75 inches.
- Pipe length: 60 inches.
- Filter Media: Redox Media- Coconut Activated Carbon, KDF-55.
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited Warranty Cover Plus 90-Day Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Filter style: Shower Filter & Wand, Chrome.
- Flow: 2.5 gallons per minute.
- Certifications: NSF/ANSI Standard 42
This Shower filter is uniquely designed to reduce chlorine and other water impurities. These chemicals can greatly affect your skin and hair. The system is handy in reducing skin problems that may have been caused by using contaminated water. Aquasana FQ 4105 CHR eliminates chlorine and other harmful chemicals there you don't need to worry about your skin and hair being damaged by the shower water.
- The system meets NSF/ANSI standards for chlorine elimination.
- It is designed with durable materials.
- The filter comes with a one-year warranty plus a 90days return guarantee hence it’s a trustworthy product.
- It comes with a 5 ft hose, therefore, is ideal for washing children and pets.
- It effectively eliminates chlorine and other harmful water elements.
- This unit features a handheld massaging setting that improves your shower experience.
- It is lightweight meaning it highly portable.
- It features trustworthy and powerful redox filter media.
- This filter boasts of one of the most useful and trusted chlorine shower filters on the market and can remove up to 90% of dissolved chlorine.
- It complies eliminates bad odors.
- It can filter up to 10,000 gallons of water taking up to six months before you can replace the filter media.
- The filter assures smooth and healthy skin and hair as it protects them from drying and harmful substance that may cause cancer.
- It is expensive to replace the filter media hence high maintenance cost is high as it will cost you almost half the price of the entire system to replace worn-out media.
- Some customers report inconsistent quality.
Benefits of Using a Shower Filter.
Filters let alone shower filters are beneficial. This section when will highlight some benefits of fitting a shower filter in your bathroom. Read along to familiarise yourself with the beneficial side of shower filters.
Here are the benefits of shower filters.
- Some shower filters incorporate useful minerals. Vitamin C is commonly infused in these gadgets. By infusing the beneficial minerals, these filters facilities a great shower experience as they nourish your skin and hair.
- The maintenance cost is low. These appliances don't use electricity and only require replacing the filter media which may take a while to get clogged depending on your water supply.
- Most of the shower filters in the market are affordable.
- They are easy to install; you can the units with basic plumbing skills.
- Most of the shower filters are compatible with different types of shower systems.
- Shower filters significantly reduce the risk of certain cancers. They eliminate toxic chemicals like chlorine, chloramine, and other reactive impurities that may pose a threat to your health.
- They improve indoor air quality. Filters eliminate chlorine, heavy metals, and other contaminants that may bring bad odor. The reaction of different chemical pollutants may result in the formation of toxic gas but a water filter prevents this from happening as it removes the unwanted water entities.
How to Choose the Best Handheld Shower Filter
The market also you to select from a wide range of products. This section will guide you on how to pick the best shower filter for your bathroom needs. We will take you through some of the critical factors that will help in setting for an ideal shower filter. We hope this information will help.
Hand-Held Filtered Shower Head vs Handheld Shower Head with Filter
Don't be confused with the intertwining words. A hand-held filtered shower head comes with an inbuilt filter. The filter is fixed in the showerhead. On the other hand, there are handheld showerheads that come with a separate filter.
Standalone shower filters with wand are universal hence it allows you to connect any shower connection. The most outstanding things are that you may customize the system and install a showerhead of your preference. In case there is an issue with the showerhead or connection, you will not have to replace the whole system.
The good side of hand-held filtered showerheads is that they take up less space. They can also be easier replaced depending on the model you select. It is important to note that built-in showerhead filters last for a shorter period when compared to standalone handheld showerheads.
Showerheads that come with filters installed are simpler than those with standalone shower systems. If your water supply is heavily chlorinated, or you are dealing with hard or iron-rich water, then it is best to choose a shower system that comes with a separate water filter. This will ensure effectiveness in the elimination of contaminants. Pelican's PSF-1 is a good example of a handheld shower head with a filter.
Chloramines vs Chlorine.
It is important to test for chloramines or find out whether your water supply is treated with chloramines or chlorine. This will help you in picking the right shower filter. If you don't want to avoid the hustle, it will help if you settle for a filter that can remove both chlorine and chloramines.
These filters will greatly help as they will keep your shower water safe. Chloramine is dangerous. Hitting a shower using water with high levels of chloramines may expose you to harmful elements like lead. This is possible because chloramines react with lead-based plumbing units housing lead poisoning.
Chlorine, on the other hand, may react with dissolve chemical entities to form trihalomethanes or THMs. Exposing your skin to these elements will be hazardous as they are carcinogenic meaning they can expose you to different types of cancers
Frequently Asked Questions
Can shower filters remove fluoride?
Water filters can not eliminate fluoride. Most of the water filters in the market today eliminate the harmful substance from your domestic water. Floride is not considered harmful is among the useful elements left throughout the filtration process. Harmful substances include chlorine, chloramine and heavy metals.
How many times does the sediment filter need to be replaced, and why?
Clogging and scale buildup may affect the efficiency and effectiveness of the water filter. It is essential to frequently check your system to ensure that you are not operating with a saturated system. Dirt, Scale, and other pollutants can shorten the life span of your water purifier, and it may take up to six or eight months before you replace the filter media.
What is the difference between the 600,000-gallon system and this 1,000,000 gallons system?
Filter tanks come with different media. It is important to note that the physical volume of the tanks is still the same. The difference in media sustains for the 1000000- gallon system to operate for a more extended period than on a regular 600000-gallon, without being replaced.
Does shower filters affect water pressure?
Shower filters do not affect water pressure and shower head flow if it is correctly installed. These systems usually maintain water pressure and come with varying ratings and pressure ranges. Most filters operate between 20 to 100 psi. It is crucial that you correctly fix your filter for effectiveness. Regular checking for clogging and scale buildup also helps in maintaining the shower water pressure.
Which shower filter removes the most contaminants?
Filters that feature active carbon media are the best in the elimination of water contaminants. Settling for an effective filter and has a high handling capacity will ensure that your household gets an instant supply of clean water.
Why is chloramine dangerous?
Chloramine is corrosive when it comes into contact with lead. This causes leaching in lead pipes and other plumbing fixtures. Leaching of lead can cause lead poisoning, which may cause neurological damage exposing you to health issues. Lead poisoning is fatal to children. fix
- The 10 Best Shower Filter for Chloramine
- Aquabliss SF100 Vs SF220 vs SF300 vs SF500
- Speakman S-2251 vs 2252 vs 2005