Drinking unfiltered water may bring adverse effects to your body in the long run because it contains unhealthy substances. You’ll note that majority of the people already use a simple filtration pitcher with a carbon filter to eliminate the harmful substances. Undeniably, a lot of contaminants will remain in the water after such filtration.
Mainly, the total dissolved substances (TDS) after the simple filtration process drops to 90 TDS. What this means is that a lot of unhealthy residues remain in the water. For this reason, only a Zero Water filter removes the TDS to zero to deliver pure drinking water.
Notably, the optimum purification of drinking water is quite indispensable in our life. Thus we seek the best from the water we drink by ensuring we also get the best the market has to offer.
Details of a Zero water filter
Zero Water Filters are manufactured by one of the most renowned companies in the water purification industry. It is an Ion Exchange water filtration system that exhaustively eliminates all the trapped solids from tap water to deliver not only pure but also tasty water.
With the Zero Water filter system, you can rest assured that their filtration system will give you a reading of zero parts per million on the TDS meter. Better still, with zero water filter, you’ll not interfere with your plumbing system during installation. The system has already provided convenient and portable filtration systems.
Most importantly, Zero Water is the only filter certified by the NSF for completely filtering out chromium and lead. Although tap water must meet legal standards, there is a possibility that the lead in your indoor plumbing gets in contact with your water. Unfortunately, lead is incredibly dangerous for your health; as such, it is essential to filter out all the residue.
In the recent past, Zero Water Filters have gained a significant resurgence of popularity on the world market. Perhaps you’re now asking, “What does a Zero Water Filter remove? “In this article, let’s see how it works.
How does a zero water filter work?
Usually, a Zero Water Filter uses a comprehensive five-step system. The filtration system intends to guarantee zero parts per million on the TDS meter.
The advantage of the comprehensive five-step filtration process is that it ensures no substance is left unfiltered; on the other hand, the other different brands only have two-stages and remove only half of the total dissolved substances.
Below we shall discuss in detail the five-stage filtration process, outlining the upside and the downside to assist you in understanding what a zero water filter removes. Let’s have a look at the five stages filtration process:
5 Stages of Filtration
- First stage-during this stage of filtration, water gets through a coarse filter screen made using a micro cloth of infusing carbon. Consequently, the coarse screen filters elements and sediments such as dust, rust, and rocks. The suspended particles commonly cause a cloudy appearance in the water.
- The second stage– here, the water gets through a foam distributor that eliminates more sediments from the water by distributing it across the entire filter.
- The third stage –this stage utilizes both carbon and oxidation in a multi-layer system to remove high percentages of alloy and other contaminants like chlorine, chloramine, pesticides, and herbicides. Carbon reduces contaminants, and oxidation alloy helps to eliminate chlorine and leads from the water. Additionally, these chemicals also help in preventing mold formation, with this you do not need to worry about mold affecting your filter
- The fourth stage – this is where the elimination of all inorganic like radiological contaminants, metals, and non-metals takes place. Filtering is done through a dual comprehensive ION exchange resin process to eliminate inorganic pollutants, and it is during the ION exchange that the foreign ions are removed from your water to deliver pure water.
- The fifth Stage– the last stage-during this stage all the remaining suspended elements are removed by the use of an ultra-fine screen and non-woven membrane layers. The results? Water which is 100% free of all types of contaminants. The ultra-fine screen will trap any remaining sediments from the previous stages.
In summary, zero filter removes all chemicals as well as metallic or chlorinated taste from your water. For this reason, you can rest assured that your drinking water will be not only safe but also suitable for the taste buds.
Advantages of zero water filters
The product filters all these elements, particles, ions, and chemicals from the water; with this, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you and your loved ones drink fresh and clean water at all times without endangering their health.
Another advantage of zero Water Filter is it comes with a TDS meter, as such you can test your water for purity at your convenience.
Besides, a Zero Water pitcher will cost you less in comparison with the other filters and potentially gives you the best value for money. Yet, it removes 100% of contaminants and sediments from your water.
On the other hand, the product is a portable filter that is readily available for purchase as a pitcher or dispenser in the leading stores.
Similarly, you’ll like the Zero water Filter cartridges since they have a longer lifespan of roughly six months or 50 gallons of water. However, you’ll note to replace the filter if the reading hits 006 on the TDS Meter to achieve excellent results.
Water Filter Pitcher Reviews
FAQ: Read about our favorite water filter pitcher The 4 Best Water Filter Pitcher Guide
Overall, the zero water filter uses a five-step filtration process. Therefore, it will not only remove chlorine, sediments, contaminants, metals, and ions, but it also ensures that your water is free from lead, chromium, tri and, hydrogen sulfide and chlorine.
The Zero water filter eliminates close to 100% of all the dissolved elements in water through a high standard five-stage filtration process. What’s more, the process sees the elimination of stubborn inorganic chemicals such as fluoride and magnesium.
Lastly, it is highly advisable to have your filtered water stored away from light. Direct light is known to have a significant effect on the quality of water.
- Best Sediment Filters for Well Water
- Best Water Softener for Well Water with Iron
- Do Refrigerator Water Filters Remove Fluoride?